Children are a priority at Journey Community Church. Our preschool and children’s environments offer interactive learning for your child to build relationships and love Jesus. While we believe parents are the primary nurturers of their child’s spiritual development, we take our responsibility to heart in partnering with families on a journey of teaching children how to find and follow Jesus Christ. It will be a fun filled journey for your child.
We will be posting new resources weekly!
First Time Guests: Once you enter Journey Community Church, you will see a "JK" - Journey Kids - sign in table to the left just past the "Welcome Home" sign. There, you will find a friendly face ready to help you get to the right place. One of our team members will greet you, guide you through the registration process and personally escort you to your child’s classroom. They will be happy to answer any questions you have about our environment and will make sure you have all the information you will need to pick up your child at the end of the hour.
Check-in & Security: Here are a few of the ways through which we are committed to making your child’s time with us safe and meaningful.
- Upon Check-in your child is given a numbered security tag. This sticker is placed on your child’s back. This number matches the tag you are given. You will not be allowed to pick up your child until the numbers on these tags are matched at the door of the children’s area.
- Each of our serving team members goes through a background check.
Sunday Morning Programs: Your child will find welcoming arms and biblical instruction in classes offered for Infants through Elementary Age Children.
- Nursery - Toddler: We have created a fun, safe and faith-filled experience. By using Bible stories, singing, prayer and fun activities the children have opportunities to learn how much God loves them and how to love others. These kids are in the Children’s area for the entire service.
- Pre-School - Kindergarten: These children are introduced to more structured lessons while maintaining that passion to nurture them with fun and energetic activities.
- Elementary: Children will be checked-in by a parent at the Welcome Desk and dropped off in their classroom. We have age-appropriate worship, bible study, prayer and exciting games or activities to help your kids love learning about God. Teachers will also bring these children into the musical worship portion of the service as a way to include them in the life of the church.